- Posted by Sarah Schnurr
- On June 1, 2017
- 0 Comments
The Badge Summit is a pre-ISTE event that will take place on Saturday, June 24 at the ESC20 Training Center. We’ll be presenting on gamification, badging and micro-credentialing, and proudly sponsoring the event’s meals!
“This one day event is bringing together some of the brightest and most inspiring Digital Badge thought leaders on the planet for highly interactive learning and sharing. The Badge Summit will offer participants electronic poster sessions, two keynotes, Fireside Chats with leaders, a Dream Maker’s Lounge and concurrent sessions and panels along five curated strands:
- K-12 Implementation
- Higher Ed and Teacher Professional Development Badging
- Community and Cultural Organization Badging
- Workforce Readiness & Industry Badging and Micro-credentials
- Hot Topics in Badges and Micro-credentials”
Want to stay up-to-date on digital badge news? Join the Badge News mailing list (curated by 2016 conference keynote speaker Doug Belshaw) for bi-weekly updates.
Global Ed Conference brunch
Stop by and say hi to us at Sunday’s Global Education Day brunch and meet-up event!
“This participatory event will feature:
- Inspirational ignite talks by noted educators and organizations working to connect classrooms
- Round-table discussions in which educators will showcase specific examples of global projects
- A global resource cool tools duel in which attendees will share the best resources and tools for creating global experiences for students.
The event is open to the first 300 people that register. Registration is free and required. You do not need to present your ticket at the door, but we will be checking in registrants this year. Anyone is allowed to attend; for profits must be a sponsor of our conference in order to speak, facilitate a roundtable or distribute materials.”
After the busy weekend, we’ll be on-site at the ISTE 2017 Conference & Expo from Monday-Wednesday. There will be so many things to see and do–from attending a lecture to an interactive technology playground.
“ISTE 2017 features an amazing array of professional learning and collaborative networking opportunities. Attendees can choose from more than 1,000 sessions in a variety of formats to support all learning styles. See the program guide for tips on how to navigate the program and session formats. Use the program search to find sessions that interest you and add them to My Favorites
What’s new at ISTE 2017?
- Provide your feedback for the refresh of the ISTE Standards for Administrators by attending a forum that will help shape the future standards which will be launched at the conference.
- Learn about exemplary practices for implementing the ISTE Standards in an entirely new session strand.
- Participate in Leadership Central events to connect and share with other ed tech leaders.
- Visit the bookstore in ISTE Central to browse new titles and meet ISTE writers who will share some of their best ideas in the session Technology Tips, Tricks and Hacks from ISTE Authors.
Check out the latest ISTE updates below!